Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fighting the Fall by JB Salsbury Review!!

"I always want more. That's my problem. I want to be the girl that a man can't live without." - JB Salsbury, Fighting the Fall




We received an ARC for an honest review, generously provided by JB through Knock Your Boots Off! We are SO grateful to have the chance to read this book and share our thoughts on it... It is a definite DON'T MISS! 5 Star Book for us :) This review will be a little different as both Candace and I are working on it together, you'll get two times the opinion on this book because we both read it and both bow to Jamie and her awesome writing skills!


  bow down photo: bow down tumblr_m8fclaK6bq1qcxi0lo1_500.gif




 Chelsea's thoughts:

 Seriously don't know where to begin with this one. JB is at the top of my list of favorite writers in the NA Genre. She never fails to create a storyline where it can break your heart, make you laugh, make you cry, and make you audibly gasp all at the same time. She is so good at character development and really making you feel what those characters feel. Once again, I love that we get the dual POV. I love the dynamic between Cameron and Eve, and hearing their own thoughts. I've loved Eve since Fighting for Flight, so I have been so anxious to finally read her story! It was totally worth the wait :) Wonderful. excited photo: excited captain sparrow excitedcaptainsparrow.gif

 Ok, sorry- just had to get some of my excitement out! I loved this book. My favorite Fighting fella is still Rex, hands down, but Cameron definitely pulled at my heart strings. Ugh. I felt for him. My heart hurt for him and the guilt that he's carried with him for so many years. But the true star for me in this book is definitely Eve. I think I identify with her more than any of the other Fighting leading ladies so far. Her confidence has been rocked by the crappy guys she's had in her past, and Cameron doesn't really help that at the beginning of their 'relationship.' There were so many times where I was seriously shaking my head at her, or Cameron, or both!!

  shake head photo: shake head shakehead.gif

 While I was frustrated with both of them at times, I knew they belonged together. They were just good for each other. He could provide that love and support that she really needed, not to mention a family. She gave him something to hope for, something to live for, something to make him smile. Cameron knew once he fell for Eve, he could no longer fight the fall.

happy tears photo: happy tears happytears_zpsf78abe67.gif 




Candace's Review:
"Falling isn't always failure. Sometimes the biggest victories only happen when we're brave enough to let go and give in to the pull."

Hot DAMN JB Salsbury you've done it again!! I never thought anyone would win my heart over like Blake Daniels did but Cameron Kyle stole it like a thief in the night. My God that man had me panting one minute and wanting to bash his head in with a baseball the next. And Eve Dawson...oh Eve, Eve, Eve I've waited patiently for your story and now that I've had it I swear you are the younger version of myself. We share common likes with the f-bomb!
I love the give and take, the pull and release of this story. We get both characters POV so there's always a balance on Cameron and Eve's stories. Cameron's past is so breathtakingly real and it really tugs at your heart strings. I could not imagine enduring that type of pain...it makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. And Eve, my God that poor girl and the attempt at trying to find true love. I can't blame her or Cameron for "fighting the fall" for each other I mean my God they've both been through so much, who wouldn't be afraid to let someone love them.

There were so many frustrating, heart wrenching, sexy moments throughout this book. I literally could not get enough! I mean that back ally scene...HOLY SH&%$^^$# that was one of the hottest scenes I've ever read...no seriously it is!! And can I say that the song Animals by Maroon 5 just happened to be playing at that particular time and made that scene soooooo much f-ing hotter! WHEW!!
I'm keeping my review short because Chelsea really hits on the highlights of the book but I wanted to put my two cents in because I was head over hells in love with this book. It's my favorite so far in the Fighting Series! Thank you JB Salsbury for being such a badass writer!

My playlist (I know Chelsea does this but I had to add mine for this book!):
1. Chandelier by Sia
2. Animals by Maroon 5
3. Burnin It Down by Jason Aldean
4. Fighter by Christina Aguilera
5. Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo
6. Centuries by Fall Out Boy




No comments:

Post a Comment